Water based personal lubricants are a fan favorite. It’s inexpensive and, for most situations, gets the job done. However, there are so many brands and products to choose from that sometimes it can get a little complicated. Let us experts help you when it comes to choosing quality lubricants. Without further ado here is our list of the best water based lubes and a few tips to remember while using them.
You won’t find a better product anywhere and at it’s low price it’s a great deal. It’s long lasting, great textured, and scent and flavor free. An all around great product.
2. Isabel Fay Natural Intimate
The Isabel Fay brand is made specifically for those of us with sensitive skin. It is soothing and thicker than most of the others on the list. This makes it better for anal sex than most water based lubes. Similar to the others it also is scentless and odorless. Very easy and quick cleanup after a spill or mishap.
Where this really stands out though is in the price department. When you opt for the largest bottle you are usually saving quite a bit of money over the others in the long term.
3. Aloe Cadabra Organic
This is my wife’s personal favorite on the list. It spread like wildfire throughout her group of friends once she showed them it as well. It’s quite a bit more expensive than the others but is much more versatile.
Firstly, it’s completely organic and natural. Made in the USA and is the only lubricant the FDA is allowing to be called organic due to it’s high quality and chemical free ingredient list. Besides lubrication it also soothes vaginal itch and dryness. It starts working immediately and can be used before, during, or after intercourse. So the extra cost is made up for in terms of ingredients and the fact that you can use it for much more than just sex.
Last but certainly not least we have Lush. Lush is a long lasting and with a natural feel and texture. Like the others it’s safe for use with condoms and toys. It’s also scent and taste free with a pleasing light texture.
It doesn’t really stand out in anyway but it is a quality product that won’t let you down when you need it most. You know? When you plan on getting it on.
The Pros & Cons Of Water Based Personal Lubrication
Let’s look at the pros and cons so you can better decide if it is right for you.
- Safe to use in conjunction with a condom. Where oil based products degrade the strength of the condom, water-based will not.
- Safe for use with sex toys such as fleshlights, dildos, plugs, etc.
- Has a great texture and feel. Similar to water with a bit of extra retention and glide.
- Extremely easy to wash off making it safe to use near and on fabrics. Even if it lands on your clothing, sheets, or carpet it will still quickly dry out and become unnoticeable.
- Sex toy friendly. Many non-water based products will ruin your sex toys. A good toy ain’t cheap so try to avoid this!
- If you plan on using it just for vaginal and oral than water based is simply the best. With a texture and consistency that is very similar to our bodies natural lubricants.
- Not very long lasting. You will need to apply and reapply liberally especially during longer lovemaking sessions. Depends on the brand but most are good for 5-7 minutes before reapplication.
- If you plan on having sex in the shower, bath, or pool it will be of little use. The water will quickly wash away the lube and your natural juices making for an unpleasant experience.
- Not so great for anal sex. For that you will want something thicker and longer lasting. If you’re looking for something specifically for anal you may want to read are article on silicone lubes.
The best water based lubricants are a healthy and exciting way to get more out of sex. Use them liberally and communicate your partner to get the most enjoyment you can.
If you have any comments, questions, or concerns please leave them as a comment below.
I’m just a girl who wants everyone to have many long and pleasurable orgasms. I know it may seem strange but I’m just trying to make the world a little happier in the best way I know how. I sincerely hope you enjoy yourself!